First Reconciliation & First Eucharist
Leslie Monette - Director
To introduce and welcome children into the Sacramental Life of our Faith Community
Sources: "Call to Celebrate Reconciliation - Eucharist"
The catechetical process "Call to Celebrate Reconciliation" and "Eucharist" follows a liturgical-catechetical method in three steps:
- CELEBRATE: every session begins with a celebration that includes ritual, symbols, prayers involving children and families. The celebration is immediately followed by a reflection on what was experienced.
- REMEMBER: in every session, a scripture passage is proclaimed and broken open. The doctrines that form the body of teaching are presented and explained.
- LIVE: every session includes an activity that helps children integrate the theme into daily living.
- Registered Parishioner
- Sunday Mass Participation
- One year at least of previous Rel. Ed. / Faith Formation
- A copy of the Baptismal Certificate
- A wallet-size photo
- Complete Registration From
- Currently participating in one of the following:
- Religious Education / Faith Formation Sessions
- Parochial School
- Catholic Home School
- Participation in the Formative Journey: Parents & Children
- Sacrament Preparation Family Sessions
- First Eucharist Retreat
The Preparation Process comprises:
- One one-and-a-half-hour preparation session for Reconciliation in the Fall, followed by the Celebartion of the Sacrament.
- One one-and-a-half-hour preparation session for the Eucharist in the Spring prior to the Celebartion of the Sacrament
- A Retreat for Parents and Children
Schedule of Preparation Process
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Preparation Sessions for Parents and Children
Contact the Religious Education Office for the Schedule.